Monday 21 October 2013

Design Festival Part II



Below are a few of my pics from this year's London Design Festival ....

... starting with my 'Geo Carved' rug on WovenGround's stand at The Design Junction 2013.





Detail of Fenella Elms's porcelain petaled wall panel @ Design Junction 2013



My Favorite Pop up shop at Design Junction was Falcon Store... I want a cardboard till like theirs!












In Shoreditch, Donna Wilson staged a very special installation,  'celebrating 10 years of happily making hand made products in the UK'. Everyone had the opportunity to be photographed with these life size foxes that Freddie Robins is having a cuddle with here.




some more Donna Wilson ...








Ally Capellino's Bums on Seats in her East End store on Calvert Avenue - Donald Christie made an animation about them that you can watch here.



Pics from the exhibition of WORKS, the collective of designer graduates from the RCA, in Clerkenwell ...

... bags ...
... one of Lola Lely's Pot Luck Stools ...


... vases ...





At Tent London I saw lots of beautiful things: I fell in love with all of these beautiful porcelain pieces of art by Tortus - their colour combinations are exquisite!


And Kosmos had this unusual wall rug on their stand, alongside a striking collection of metal masks (below).

This imaginative light, by lighting designer Jess Shaw held its own in Tent's Super Brands area.

On my wish list for Christmas, beautifully crafted wooden keyboards by Oree.

 
Jake Phipps' amazing statement mirror and table, taking inspiration from the natural attributes of amethyst geodes; a delight for my eyes.


Finally, Decorex was the last event I visited for the Festival and here is a close up of Charlotte Wildsmith's rug, winner of the Good Weave Student Competition that I blogged about in June (Rugs Competition).


Bye for now.

Ella.


No comments:

Post a Comment