Sunday 20 January 2013

Setting up at Home 2013


I thought I would share some pictures of my stand coming together at HOME 2013. We had 6x5 meters, which is a great space to allow all my collections to be seen individually. Here we are preparing the back wall to mount my new rug. The wallpaper was printed and will be available with Surface View soon!



Andrew Stafford, helped me to art direct the stand. The back parquet floor is his design; I photographed his floor in his own house, and we then built the design piece by piece, and the finished wallpaper is a 2 meter wide repeat, which allows the design to breath. .....

along with creating the wonderful parquet floor design I wanted to create my logo in a more organic way, and so I had lots of fun playing around with hammering nails on wood, and weaving my name with wool - to reflect the white new zealand wool used on my GEO CARVED rug that we launched with Woven Ground at the show.

Here I am finally mounting the final logo directly onto the back wall..... this was the best bit for me, a chance to get busy with my hands and create something on the stand above presenting my new products.

and here is a glimpse of how the finished logo started to take shape. 



Here the wonderful Debbie who has been interning with us, helps me sort out my new collection of bike cushions.... which will be available on line by the end of the month!



























and here is a sneak peak of my new collection 'Bikes' on mugs.... 

1 comment:

  1. What a blast! Besides having a great grasp of perspective, what a great…grasp of perspective…such artists have to pour so much heart into something so ephemeral.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete